AMG Research pioneered a proprietary approach to measuring competitive advantage – the Competitive Advantage Measurement System (CAMS™).
CAMS is a customer survey that measures competitive advantage by comparing various suppliers’ relative performance on a number of different factors or attributes. As an independent outside company, AMG Research is able to obtain objective, unbiased perceptions of both customers and non-customers on the suppliers that serve them.
The CAMS analysis provides the following benefits:
- Understand how well you are meeting customer needs based on direct, unbiased customer input
- Measure how well you are performing compared to competitors at both customer and non-customer accounts
- Understand in what specific areas you are out-performing competitors or where competitors are out-performing you
- Identify key performance criteria and customers’ expectations to set meaningful metrics/ benchmarks
- Identify where competitive advantages exist and where they can be created
- Find key improvement actions that can have the greatest impact on market share
Each CAMS study includes an analysis of:
- What is most important to the purchase decision
- How well all suppliers are performing on key decision factors
- Competitor gap analysis
- Overall satisfaction/loyalty analysis
- Which factors contribute most to satisfaction and market share
- Customer expectations for performance
- Segmentation analysis
- Dissatisfaction profile to identify issues that need immediate attention
Why choose AMG Research?
We conduct custom-designed market research that helped pioneer the Competitive Advantage Measurement System. With more than 20 years of research, we are able to use our vast wealth of knowledge to help your organization identify, measure, and develop competitive advantages.